Wednesday 29 April 2009

spring has sprung.....

I love the smell of Lilac in the morning. it reminds me of my grandma. she wouldn't have the flowers in the house( bad luck apparently, I fill the house with it and buggar the luck!!) but had a 10ft hedge of it all around the house.



my beautiful infant 'smoke bush', it is just about the last thing to show buds.


This I adore!!! lady's mantle. It is magical how it turns drops of water into diamonds. I never tire of it's beauty





If anyone asks me if I believe in "Magic" I reply in the positive, I'm a gardener, and see magic all around my garden everyday of every year in a never ending cycle.and it still amazes me.

2 comments:

Acornmoon said...

I had not heard about lilac in the house being bad luck, something else to worry about! Lilac reminds me of my grandma also, she was very superstitious about red and white flowers together in a vase.

Hope all is well with the pattern cutting.

Jess said...

One of my favourite things in the garden is the lilac. Is my pseudonym a giveaway?! I have one near the house I keep as a bush and one further down the garden which is a young tree which hopefully will continue as a tree for many years to come :)