Thursday 7 May 2009

sooo naughty......

the wonderful brocade will be made into a coat with the stripes as the lining. all for me!!!!!

one side of the brocade


and the other, not sure yet which will be used for the outside of the coat and which for the pocket flaps and lapels:


or what about this wonderful wine taffeta for the lapels and pockets flaps? or maybe piped collar, pockets flaps and cuffs?
it gives it a Venetian feel me thinks!! I'll think about it,


did I mention that the blue brocade was reduced from £20 per metre to £5 per metre and the striped lining was reduced to £2.99 a metre !! What a bargain!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Oh I'm now in love with that gorgeous blue fabric!!!

Anonymous said...

Hon, it's not naughty at all - you'll be a walking advert for your business so that's money well spent!!

luv,
R.xx.

BumbleVee said...

ooh... this will be exciting to see when it's finished.

I love fabrics...and have just begun to make dolls in the past couple of years..so had to learn to use a sewing machine to make doll's small fingers...

however, for their clothing, it is some hand stitching and draping and gluing of fabrics directly on to the doll body. Now, I'm wishing I had learned to sew as a kid...