Thursday 23 July 2009

it's for me................

Now that I'm spending all my time sewing, although it is for other people, every so often I can slip in something for myself , as i did last week .

So this is how this:



was turned into these:










the above fabrics are wonderful Alexander Henry. I adore this collection and so wish I had ordered more.
Top one is "Day of the Dead, Dia de los Muertos"
and the next is "Corazones Hearts". this one I also have with a white background, which will be another shirt.





The patterned fabric for this one(below) was a skirt, loved the fabric , style of the skirt not good, so with that a a bit of green silk, that I got from 'who knows where' . a top for those hot days.

3 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

My kitchen curtains are a lighter colored version of the Day of the Dead material! Love it!

Kim said...

Oh wow! What fabulous blouses and I so love the fabric. Dia de los Muertos is one of my favourite Mexican festivals and the hearts remind me of Millagros, the 'little miracles'. Please post a picture when you wear these :)

Kim x

Eternal Magpie said...

SO. COOL.
I love Alexander Henry fabrics. I made myself a "mini calaveras" skirt that I wear all the time. These bouses are brilliant!