Wednesday 10 February 2010

A new love...............

It started with this book, which I still love reading,not one of those wonderful books you buy look at a few times then it sits on the pile, this one is well read and loved. full of colour.



and then I got sock envy with this ......

http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/jane_brocket/2009/03/penguin-socks.html
and then I bought this.....








And look what's happened...
TA DAH.....
I've knitted a sock, just the one....








I will admit to a bit of pride with this one. I'm not really a knitter, Sewing? yes. Crochet ?started last year and still loving it, but knitting was always a mystery. Well with the help of various books and the ever wonderful, YOU TUBE, for instructions on 'turning a heel' and the translation of knitting language into normal English, I've managed to knit a sock.

I am completely in love with the self striping yarn, it's a joy to watch the pattern emerge as you knit along, and I've found it very soothing at night to sit and knit.
I will be making a matching one for this one and then..... well guess what every ones getting for Christmas 2010!!!!

No comments: